Hello,This is me!

Eva Marie

Blogger and cat lover In love with books, pizzas and DiCaprio Writing is my passion

octobre 05, 2018

A bit of a catch up

  • octobre 05, 2018
  • by

Okay, it’s been weeks since I haven’t posted anything here or on social media. Everything is fine, but you know, I spend most of my time at uni, reading (for uni), working and cuddling the barbue during the weekends so there is not much time left for anything. But I love this blog, I love writing and sharing my thoughts. I really have to make an effort about my presence online. It’s not enough sometimes, even for me, to only post when I’ve got the time. I have to make time for this blog (= stop watching friends in the evenings and star writing more here). And I miss being here. I’m used to hear and speak English all the time during my classes, but actually writing down my thoughts in English here is so much more valuable and exteriorizing. It’s the same for instagram. I haven’t posted anything in weeks and I really have to change this. It’s autumn, the following weeks are going to be extra beautiful outside with the change of weather so I really have to win back this inspiration I’ve been missing for months now. The thing is, there is so much good stuff out there that sometimes it’s hard to be content of what we produce, like it’s not good or perfect enough. I love being inspired, but it can be so tiring sometimes. As much as I wanted to come here more often, I have to say, it’s been nice to spend time without being always online and checking instagram every hour. It can be overwhelming very quickly. But uni starting again was also a good thing. I didn’t get the chance to do everything as planned (crossing fingers for next year though) but the courses I have are very interesting and the beginning of a new year always inspires me. And of course, we are now officially in the best months of the year with crispy mornings and Halloween/Christmas (OH YES) coming soon.

   



Anyway, I wanted to use this post to talk to you about some good things I’ve been listening, reading, etc. at the moment. They all worth it. First of all, let me talk about Chris’ new album. It’s been years now since I’ve discovered Christine and the Queens (back then), I have seen here in London for her first album and I absolutely fell in love with her personality, what she shows, how she talks and move and sing. She is so interesting and talented. So obviously, I had to love her new album, which is quite different, but as good as the previous one. If you get a chance, listen to it, it’s great! An other French goody is this podcast: Entre nos lèvres. Let me tell you, it’s a good one (alright, pause here : I've just discovered that one of the host had a blog which I was obsessed about, I love it even more). It’s probably my favourite podcast at the moment (or ever?). Why? Because it talks about a topic that no one really speaks about online (or nowhere): sex. Yes, it’s great, interesting and it’s easy to recognize our own experiences in the people’s story. I have already learnt new things. The other great thing about this podcast is how common and ‘normal’ those people are, it can be anyone and it’s great to talk about a subject that everyone experience but never really say anything about it (I might give a try about this subject in the future, it’s really interesting). On another note, I listen to Estée’s new podcast. I’m obsess with her and everything she does so I had to (already) love her new podcast. She knows how to inspire people, help them with a simple conversation, be real and honest and cool at the same time. You should go and give it a try.

Alright, I guess that’s all for today. It might be the first blog post of many to come. I’ve got ideas, topic I want to talk about and develop with you. I’ve got books to read and again, to talk about. I’ve got autumn to be inspired and trips to come, recipes to share even. I’m really excited to come here again and be final present with a content that I’m happy with. So I’ll see you all very soon.

PS: The photos are from last November in Paris. I had to put the one I haven't shared yet because they reflect such a lovely aspect of autumn. Now I just want to go back ...

I'm 24, I've got freckles (you get it now) and I'm a grumpy French, sometimes, who writes in English. I love books, cats, le barbu, pizzas and Dicaprio.

2 commentaires:

  1. Your photos are so lovely. Social media is really hard to keep up with, and I find myself falling in and out of love with it every week! Best of luck with everything.

    Anna // Zu Hause

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks a lot Anna, and yes, I totally agree with you. Sometimes it can be easier to let go for a bit and come back more inspired I guess.

      xx

      Supprimer

EVA MARIE
Rennes, France

SEND ME A MESSAGE