Hello,This is me!

Eva Marie

Blogger and cat lover In love with books, pizzas and DiCaprio Writing is my passion

août 02, 2021

What did I read this month? #14

  • août 02, 2021
  • by
I had the opportunity to read a bit more this month and I was able to read some good books I wanted to share with you. I also wanted to share disappointments because they happens, even with very hyped books or even classics. How do you deal with that? I'm curious to know how you feel when you finish a classics most people love and you don't? I personaly feel like I've missed the whole point of the book, but then I'm just telling myself that I had no obligation to like it. Anyway, back to the books I've read in July!

To kill a mockingbird by H. Lee

That's the classic I was talking about. I was expecting more, way more and became disapointed. I need to start appreciate books without expecting too much of them. This one was still interesting especially through the view point of a child regarding racism, but it did not reach the point where I was blown away by the writing or how the story was told.


L'enigme de la chambre 622 by J. Dicker

What a very long book to such a story. Was there even an ending? I can't tell. This book could have been better without many pages and details. It was too much for nothing and I hate when an author does that. There was suspense, yes, but too much of it for too long. It wasn't good in the end even if the story itself was good.


 

Les secrets de Thornwood house by A. Romer

I like to find book clubs where the books chosen are a bit different that what we normally see on bookstagram, especially when they make me discover new books I know I'll love because it's an historical fiction or a family drama. This one was one of them and I really loved it. It was just long enough with a real ending. It was not too complicated but had enough of suspense to go through the whole thing.


Un manoir en Cornouailles by E. Chase

I've listen to this one and found myself a bit lost from time to time even though it was told by two different women for the two view points. I loved the atmosphear, the setting and the whole idea of the book. Yet, something was missing. The ending was a bit odd even though highly expected and I was expecting another link between the two stories. I would still recommend it if you're looking for an easy family drama.


La chronique des Bridgerton by J. Quinn

Where to start? It felt like a was reading a very bad romance stuck between the XVIII and XXI century. Was it supposed to be modern in some ways? Why is this book so famous? I haven't passed the first episode of the tv show yet, but I can tell that it won't be that much different. It was nice to read, easy and light but nothing interesting happened. It felt more like another version of 50 shades but lighter. I just don't get it.


Here are some of the books I've read last month. If you wan't to know about the other ones I didn't mention, you can go and check my Instagram or my goodreads account.

I'm 24, I've got freckles (you get it now) and I'm a grumpy French, sometimes, who writes in English. I love books, cats, le barbu, pizzas and Dicaprio.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

EVA MARIE
Rennes, France

SEND ME A MESSAGE