Hello,This is me!

Eva Marie

Blogger and cat lover In love with books, pizzas and DiCaprio Writing is my passion

novembre 16, 2020

Lockdown 2.0 - What I'm watching and reading

  • novembre 16, 2020
  • by

As I wrote this, France is already on its 13th day since the President announced the second lockdown. It is really strange to go there again, yet doesn't feel that foreign. Maybe it's because it's not the first one, that everyone was waiting for it, or simply that it doesn't change much work/uni-wise, but it's easier to deal with. I mean, look at these pictures : I am allowed to walk along the canal once a day with these beautiful colors in Paris! I miss walking around the city and exploring new spots, especially during autumn, so I guess we all have to get used to not being allowed to do the things we like doing for a while. And that's okay.

I've been baking and cooking a lot during the weekends. It's just great to have good homemade meals when it's so cold out there. Being able to do nothing but read, cuddle the cat and watch movies and series. We recently watched The Hobbit, the three of them and The Witches. This one was really not so great ; strange and not as good as expecting when you see all the good names around this movie. We are also currently watching The Queen's Gambit. It's not the best, but I'm enjoying it so far. I didn't think that you could have that much suspense when watching people playing chess.

 


As for books, I'm trying to finish Ten thousand doors of January by Alix E. Harrow. This book feels like it never ends if I'm honest. I thought it was going to be really fantastical and magical, but I don't see a lot of these in the end. It's really slow in a way with too much describing (I don't enjoy endless description). I also read a lot of horror/scary books lately such as Home before dark by R. Sager - it's really good and quite different from the traditional haunted house story, The Haunting of Ashburn House by D. Coates which was also very good and really intriguing. And finally, I'm trying to read a bit more of poetry. It's not my ideal kind of books but I try to find some I like. Amanda Lovelace's latest poem collection is one of them, Break your glass slippers. It's a bit different from her previous ones, it's more peaceful and a lot about self-esteem and how to be good with yourself. If you have any good poetry recommendation, please let me know.

I'll try to do one of those monthly wrap up for the books I've read this month. But before that, I hope you're all doing okay and managing as best as you can. Let's all get hopeful that 2020 is not a lost cause (thanks the US for that!), and be even more hopeful for the following weeks before the end of the year.

I'm 24, I've got freckles (you get it now) and I'm a grumpy French, sometimes, who writes in English. I love books, cats, le barbu, pizzas and Dicaprio.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

EVA MARIE
Rennes, France

SEND ME A MESSAGE