Hello,This is me!

Eva Marie

Blogger and cat lover In love with books, pizzas and DiCaprio Writing is my passion

février 08, 2021

2021: the year where I finally set a skincare routine

  • février 08, 2021
  • by

Who would have guessed that one day, I would write about skincare products? Definitely not me. I basically used the same products since I was a teenager. We know, all agree on how bad this is since I'm not a teenager anymore.

In all seriousness, it started at Christmas time when I saw wrinkles under my eyes. I started panicking (I'm only 24 after all) thinking I should have plenty of time before worrying about that. I later realized that it was mainly because I wore concealer (which i'm not used to), that I smiled a lot and that wrinkles were formed in the concealer (probably wore too much anyway), even when I did not smile. All of that to say that I still panicked and started wondering if putting nothing on my skin was actually the best thing to do. 


 

It's not a joke when I say that I wore nothing on my skin expect my one true love, the Effaclar duo from La Roche Posay, which did save my skin a lot. But it also makes it dry, especially in winter time. That, plus the wrinkles thing made me put an order on skincare product. The greener, the better.

The Ordinary was the first I bought products from. I tried the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 which is the biggest winner for me here. The hydratation is like nothing else, and leave the skin so smooth. I use it in the morning. For extra hydratation for the night, I also use the 100% Plant-Derived Squalane which is incredible even if I had to get used to oil. And because of hormone or the mask or pollution (who knows at that point), my skin tends to dislike me sometimes around the chin area, I use the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% when I need to. It's still not perfect, but the spots go away a bit quicker.


  


Typology is another (French!) savior to me. Their products are really clean, their packaging really minimal even though they're not really plastic free. I tried their Nourishing moisturiser 1% Hyaluronic Acid + Shea Butter. I use it at night (I use my Effaclar in the morning) and gosh, it's nourishing. It's not greasy, it's just perfect. The smell is really soft as they don't use any additional perfume to their product. It's divine. Just as their radiance face scrub with rosehip oil which leaves my skin so soft and nourished. The smell is a bit odd and earthy, but everything else is lovely. It's a bit tricky to rinse (I'm actually not sure I'm doing it right), but other than that: I love it. 



I also purchased their hydrolate Organic Peppermint. I'm not sure if it does anything to my skin, but it's great to wake me up in the morning. The smell is quite something, but it's also very fresh and organic. Just like the smell of any peppermint tea actually. 

As you can see, I went from nothing to many new products. I was a bit scared to use too much, but I understood that my skin needed more than just water and one day cream (okay, and my micellar water/oil). It feels way more moisturized than before and I actually love to do those little skincare moments just to take care of me. You know, taking time for ourselves and all of that. 

Anyway, I'm just so bad to talk about skincare product, I feel like I just gave a long list of new products I used since the beginning of the year. But I'm just glad I'm an adult now and put things on my face to look better and to never see those fake wrinkles EVER again. Now, I would love to know which skincare brand is your favorite, I want to discover more!

I'm 24, I've got freckles (you get it now) and I'm a grumpy French, sometimes, who writes in English. I love books, cats, le barbu, pizzas and Dicaprio.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

EVA MARIE
Rennes, France

SEND ME A MESSAGE