Hello,This is me!

Eva Marie

Blogger and cat lover In love with books, pizzas and DiCaprio Writing is my passion

octobre 12, 2020

My autumnal TBR

  • octobre 12, 2020
  • by

Autumn (and Christmas) is probably my favourite time of the year to read as much as possible, especially spooky and/or cosy books. They are just the best to get into the scenery, the mood, and all the cosiness! Every year, I did not plan enough to read all the books I wanted to, but this year I wanted to change that. I’ll try to read at least 4 autumnal books a month until November – let’s be reasonable. Here’s the one I want to get my hands on to. 

The secret history by D. Tartt 

I’m not sure I need to introduce this book as you have probably seen in a hundred time on Instagram. I wanted to read this book for so long. Actually, I already started it last year on my kindle but I found it really hard to get into. Therefore, this year I bought the paper version. I hope it will be easier to read in with a physical copy. 



 
The Binding by B. Collins 

The book cover was the first thing that introduced me to this book. It is beautiful and I’m gonna try to have physical copies of very pretty (and good) books. But the description was even more intriguing as it talks about … books in a mystery and sort of magical worlds. I’m so excited to read it! 

Rebecca by D. du Maurier 

Again, this book is all over on Instagram. If I’m right, there might even be a film adaptation coming soon. I was not interested in this book until I read its description. The atmosphere seems right up my street, and perfect for rainy days. This is exactly what I’m looking for for the season. 

 

In a dark, dark wood by R. Ware 

I mean, the title is already everything. This book, like Rebecca, seems to have the mystery and horror vibes I’m looking for. I might not read that just before bed, but it sure will be something nice to read for this time of year. If not now, then when? 

Haunted by J. Glidewell 

I mean, yes, most of these books will have some sort of horror/spooky atmosphere. But I assure you it was not my intention. It’s just really hard to not have a thousand mystery books to read in October. But again, I can’t resist! I hope this one will be just as good as the others. 

 
 
And more: The Starless and The Night circus by E. Morgenstern, Home before dark by R. Sager ; Follow you home by M. Edwards ; The night gardener by J. Auxier ; Frozen Charlotte by A. Bell … 

If you’ve read any of these books, please let me know which ones you prefer and why. And of course, I would love some new recommendation, even if it’s not for this year.

I'm 24, I've got freckles (you get it now) and I'm a grumpy French, sometimes, who writes in English. I love books, cats, le barbu, pizzas and Dicaprio.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

EVA MARIE
Rennes, France

SEND ME A MESSAGE