Hello,This is me!

Eva Marie

Blogger and cat lover In love with books, pizzas and DiCaprio Writing is my passion

novembre 09, 2020

Carrot cake, the recipe

  • novembre 09, 2020
  • by
Last year, I discovered a recipe that became my favorite cake ever. It doesn't even has chocolate in it! It's a really soft and autumnal cake if you fancy a change of chocolate cakes. I usually make a butternut cake but it always takes me ages to make it (I grate the butternut by myself, I don't have a food processor or anything). This time, I wanted to make it quicker, so I took carrots instead. And let me tell you, it tastes as good as the butternut one. So feel free to chose one or the other, they're just so good.
 
 
 

What you'll need :

For the cake :

  • 200g of flour
  • 300g of grated carrot (or butternut)
  • Salt
  • 50g of almond powder (optional)
  • 130g of butter
  • 100g of sugar
  • 1 to 3 tsp of cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 sachet of baking powder
 
For the icing :
  • 200g of cream cheese
  • 3 to 4 tbsp of icing sugar
  • Vanilla (powder)

Follow these steps

  1. Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together, than add the vanilla. Stir together than put in the fridge.
  2. Separate the whites from the yolks then whip the egg whites.
  3. Whip the sugar with the egg yolks, salt and cinnamon. Add the flour and the almond powder if you have some.
  4. Melt the butter and add it in the mix, then the egg whites. 
  5. Add the carrot/butternut, the baking powder than mix everything gently. 
  6. Pour into a buttered mold and bake for 1 hour at 180°C.
  7. Once it's cool, add the icing on top. It's now reading to be eaten!

I'm 24, I've got freckles (you get it now) and I'm a grumpy French, sometimes, who writes in English. I love books, cats, le barbu, pizzas and Dicaprio.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

EVA MARIE
Rennes, France

SEND ME A MESSAGE